Although he's a brawling, close-combat specialist, Grindor lets his missiles do the talking in his helicopter alt mode. Note that he tends to get angry when reminded about the time when Optimus Prime 'probed' his optic sensor.
- Max Rating:
- Health: 1983
- Attack: 174
- Max Rating: 537 (sig 100, forge level 8)
- Max Rating:
- Max Rating:
- Armor Buff
- Critical Rate Debuff
- When Attacked:
- 8% chance to gain an Armor Buff, reducing damage from attacks by 16-41% for 6 seconds.
- 11% chance to inflict a Crit Rate Debuff for 6-8 seconds, lowering the opponent's Critical Hit Rate by 16-40%.
- Decreases the opponent's Block Proficiency against Melee Attacks by 15% per active Crit Rate Debuff.
- This bot’s naturally tough Cybertronian exterior provides a permanent 17% passive Armor Buff. (revealed in v5.1)
- Missile Critical Hit: Inflicts Burn, dealing Heat damage for 80% Attack over 6 seconds.
|Rank||Armor Buff||Crit Rate Debuff|
All Attacks: Being a close-combat specialist, Grindor is able to use the opponent's stored Power to his advantage, increasing Melee Damage by up to 65~98.3%.
+ about 0.4% per level.
- Physical Therapy - Memories of war trigger a physical outburst at the opponent's expense.
- Inflicts a -16~40% Crit Rate Debuff for 6-8 seconds.
- Rotor Rage - Spinning blades chop the edges off opponents to improve their aerodynamics.
- Up to +40% Damage based on the opponent's stored Power.
- Skydive - Grindor guides the opponent through a high-altitude adventure with gravity as his co-pilot.
- +50% Critical Rate for Missile Hits.
- Allies - Bonecrusher - +1~2~3~8% Armor.
- Enemies - Optimus Prime (MV1) - +1~2~3~8% Attack Rating.
- Outlaws - Barricade - 100% chance to inflict Power Lock for 3~6~12 seconds when hitting with the first Heavy Attack.
- Forged to Serve - Megatron (ROTF) - Megatron has a 50~65~100% chance to start the fight Unstoppable. Grindor receives +2~3~8% Armor.
- Leadership (5-Star) - All lower tier teammates gain +10% Attack Rating.
Grindor is a basic Brawler bot who will deal more damage the more Power the enemy has (and amplified if awakened). Due to his high health, he can be used in very long fights. However, he can't gain Melee buffs.
Grindor's tough armor along with Critical Rate Debuffs makes it hard to take down high-leveled Grindors. Careful evading and endurance should help in defeating him though. Grindor uses his Melee Special 1 often, so dash back from his predictable Special Attacks, then quickly counterattack.
He is a very tanky bot health-wise in the game (in a way), so instant energy attacks will be your friend.
- Hot Rod generates a lot more Power because of his signature ability. Grindor gets stronger the more Power the opponent gets, enabling him to deal a lot of damage.
- Arcee will be prone to Grindor's Perforation and Crit Rate Debuffs.
- Anyone who Armor Breaks and Armor Pierces.
- Galvatron, Megatronus and Megatron (ROTF) deal pretty strong energy damage, which will ignore Grindor's tough armor.
- Dinobot’s particular skillset make him adept at cutting through the armor of this thick-skinned helicopter.
- Megatron will ensure Grindor never toughens up.
- The Security Module will ensure Grindor always toughens up.
- The Repair Module will keep Grindor in battle for longer periods.
- Bot Crystals
- Grindor Arenas
- Perforated Crystal
- Cinematic Crystals
- His vehicle mode is a modified Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion Helicopter.