Grindor is a Movie Decepticon Brawler.
Although he's a brawling, close-combat specialist, Grindor lets his missiles do the talking in his helicopter alt mode. Note that he tends to get angry when reminded about the time when Optimus Prime 'probed' his optic sensor.
- Max Rating:
- Health: 1983
- Attack: 174
- Max Rating: 537 (sig 100, forge level 8)
- Health: 4,811
- Attack: 353
- Max Rating: 1,234 (sig 45)
- Health: 12,659
- Attack: 954
- Max Rating: 3,300 (sig 35, forge 9)
- Armor Buff
- Critical Rate Debuff
- When Attacked:
- 8% chance to gain an Armor Buff, reducing damage from attacks by 16-41% for 6 seconds.
- 11% chance to inflict a Crit Rate Debuff for 6-8 seconds, lowering the opponent's Critical Hit Rate by 16-40%.
- Decreases the opponent's Block Proficiency against Melee Attacks by 15% per active Crit Rate Debuff.
- This bot’s naturally tough Cybertronian exterior provides a permanent 17% passive Armor Buff. (revealed in v5.1)
- Missile Critical Hit: Inflicts Burn, dealing Heat damage for 80% Attack over 6 seconds.
|Rank||Armor Buff||Crit Rate Debuff|
All Attacks: Being a close-combat specialist, Grindor is able to use the opponent's stored Power to his advantage, increasing Melee Damage by up to
+ about 0.4% per level.
- Physical Therapy - Memories of war trigger a physical outburst at the opponent's expense.
- Inflicts a -16~40% Crit Rate Debuff for 6-8 seconds.
- (+v8.2) 35% chance to Lock Special 2 for 6 seconds.
- (+v8.2) 75% chance to Lock Special 3 for 6 seconds.
- Rotor Rage - Spinning blades chop the edges off opponents to improve their aerodynamics.
- Up to +40% Damage based on the opponent's stored Power.
- (+v8.2) 50% chance to Lock Special 3 for 6 seconds.
- Skydive - Grindor guides the opponent through a high-altitude adventure with gravity as his co-pilot.
- +50% Critical Rate for Missile Hits.
- (+v8.2) 100% chance to Lock Special 2 for 10 seconds.
- (+v8.2) 100% chance to Lock Special 3 for 10 seconds.
- (+v8.2) Inflicts a permanent -16% Crit Rate Down debuff.
- Allies - Bonecrusher - +1~2~3~8% Armor.
- Enemies - Optimus Prime (MV1) - +1~2~3~8% Attack Rating.
- Outlaws - Barricade - 100% chance to inflict Power Lock for 3~6~12 seconds when hitting with the first Heavy Attack.
- Forged to Serve - Megatron (ROTF) - Megatron has a 50~65~100% chance to win the fight unstoppable. Grindor receives +2~3~8% Armor.
- Leadership (5-Star) - All lower tier teammates gain +10% Attack Rating.
Grindor is a basic Brawler bot who will deal more damage the more Power the enemy has (and amplified if awakened). Due to his high health and Special Attack denial, he can be used in very long fights. However, he can't gain Melee buffs, though he gains bonuses against anyone with high Power.
Grindor's tough armor, health along with Critical Rate Debuffs makes it hard to take down high-leveled Grindors. Careful evading and endurance should help in defeating him though. Grindor uses his Melee Special 1 often, so dash back from his predictable Special Attacks, then quickly counterattack. If his Sig is awakened and you have a lot of power, make sure to dodge his attacks! They deal a lot of damage, especially through Special II, and Special Attack Denial also is another reason to dodge these things.
He is a very tanky bot health-wise. Instant energy attacks, damage over time and powerful Armor Breakers (even more so when the Armor Break can be permanent) will be your friend, as Grindor has no answer to these.
Rulers of Kaon
As stated above, unless you have an anti-armor bot or abilities that bypass defensive buffs like Dark Burns, Grindor becomes near-invincible and cannot be hurt regularly. However, if you have abilities that can get around that, Grindor turns out to be one of the easier fights in Rulers of Kaon. Just prepare for a long fight as Grindor's massive health pool will take a long time to drain.
- Anyone with power rate buffs will feel the force of Grindor’s perforation damage and before they will know it and they will have their specials disabled.
- Bots with strong specials like Mixmaster will have no chance at all from using the specials 2 and 3.
- Hot Rod generates a lot more Power because of his signature ability. Grindor gets stronger the more Power the opponent gets, enabling him to deal a lot of damage.
- Arcee will be prone to Grindor's Perforation and Crit Rate Debuffs.
- Kickback’s dinner relies on Critical Hits, and Grindor serves Crit Rate Debuffs.
- Robot Resource - Defenders gaining a lot of Power through this Module will feel the full force of Grindor's Peforation Damage and he can disable the opponent to use even the special 3 when having full power.
- Anyone who Armor Breaks and Armor Pierces will put Grindor to sleep easily.
- Galvatron, Megatronus and Megatron (ROTF) deal pretty strong energy damage, which will ignore Grindor's tough armor.
- Megatronus in particular also has an Armor Break and gains power very slowly, and Grindor won't be able to make full usage of Peforate. Though he can disable Megatronus' Special Attacks.
- Dinobot’s particular skillset make him adept at cutting through the armor of this thick-skinned helicopter.
- Megatron will ensure Grindor never toughens up.
- Grimlock’s burn debuffs and devastating specials will ignore Grindor’s tough armor.
Turn Grindor into a flying tank with these Modules!
- The Security Module will ensure Grindor always toughens up.
- The Repair Module will keep Grindor in battle for longer periods.
- Bot Crystals
- Grindor Arenas
- Perforated Crystal
- Cinematic Crystals
- His vehicle mode is a modified Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion Helicopter.
- He shares his appearance with the Movie Decepticon Blackout (Who is not in the game).
- October 2, 2019
- Increased damage of Perforate, Grindor's Signature Ability.
- Special Attack 1 has a chance to disable the opponent's Special 2 and 3 for a limited time.
- Special Attack 2 has a chance to disable the opponent's 3 for a limited time.
- Special Attack 3 will disable the opponent's Special 2 and Special 3 for a limited time.
- Special Attack 3 will apply a permanent Crit Rate Down debuff to the opponent.
- Version 5.1
- Passive 17% armor revealed