Truly one of the most feared and powerful of all the Decepticons, Shockwave’s existence is driven solely by one thing – logic. Void of emotion, but teeming with strength and intelligence, he seeks only to advance circumstances to their logical conclusion…however grim that may be.
- Health: 1767
- Attack: 129
- Max Rating: 557
- Health: 4339
- Attack: 271
- Max Rating: 1317
- Health: 11276
- Attack: 703
- Max Rating: 3547
- Power Leak
- Repair Block
Note: Shockwave's stats and abilities were changed and improved in v5.1.
- Blocking Ranged Energy Attacks:
- Generates up to 3 Energy Charges, each lasting 6 seconds.
- +v5.1: While Shockwave has less than 3 Energy Charges he gains 100% Block Proficiency against Basic Energy Attacks.
- On Heavy Attack: - Inflicts Shock damage for
43~66%60~85% of Attack per Energy Charge over 4 seconds.
- +v5.1: Basic Ranged Attacks have a 100% chance to consume a Shock Charge to inflict Shock on the enemy.
- +v5.1: Shockwave Power Leaks the enemy for 1.5~2.6% of a Power Bar every second for each Shock Debuff on them.
|Rank||Shock||Power Leak||Special 3 Repair Block duration|
Shockwave activates his Undo ability when filling a bar of Power. When Undo expires, he instantly Repairs any damage he took in the last few seconds.
- When Filling a Power Bar: Shockwave has 15~35% chance to activate his Undo ability for each full Power Bar. When Undo expires, he instantly Repairs any damage he took in the last 4 seconds.
- + about 0.3% per level
- Shockblast - Logic dictates that a cluster of microchips within a Bot's brain module will fry when exposed to sufficient shock.
- +v5.1: Generates 3 Energy Charges, each lasting 6 seconds.
- Inflicts Shock damage for
29~44%60~85% of Attack per Energy Charge over 4 seconds.
- Laser Sweep- If you get hit, it would feel like every molecule in your body is exploding at the speed of light.
Generates 3 Energy Charges, each lasting 8 seconds.
- v5.1: 100% Armor Piercing
60~100% chance to inflict Repair Block, preventing the target from recovering Health for 45 seconds.
- Little Friend - Say hello to a big gun, a small gun, and one aimed right for your brain module.
- Generates 5 Energy Charges, each lasting
- 100% chance to inflict Repair Block, preventing the target from recovering Health for 7~11 seconds.
- Inflicts Shock damage for
33~50%60~85% of Attack per Energy Charge over 4 seconds.
- Generates 5 Energy Charges, each lasting
- Brain Gain – All Tech Bots - 10~15~25% increase to Attack Rating against Demolition Bots. Shockwave only benefits from this bonus if all Bots on the team have this Synergy.
- Brain Drain – Soundwave -
Shockwave generates 0.4~1~3% of a Power Bar per second based on the number of active Energy Charges on Shockwave.Shockwave's Shocks last 8~10~25% longer.
- Brain Drain – Ratchet -
Shockwave gains a 20~40~90% chance to Stun the opponent for 2.5 seconds on Shockwave’s Special 2.Shockwave's Energy Charges last 8~10~25% longer.
- Brain Drain – Rhinox -
Shockwave generates 2~3~4 Energy Charges at the start of the fight and every 25 seconds. Shockwave's Shocks deal 8~10~25% more damage.
- Brain Drain – Mirage -
Shockwave drains 1.2~3% of a Power Bar per second from the opponent based on the number of active Shock Debuffs on the enemy Bot.Shockwave drains 8~10~25% more Power from Shocked opponents.
- Brain Drain – Blaster - Shockwave generates 1~2~3 Energy Charges at the start of the fight and every 25 seconds.
- Brain Drain – Wheeljack - Shockwave has a 10~15~30% chance to inflict Stun for 2 seconds when inflicting 3 or more Shocks simultaneously.
- Brain Drain – Jetfire - Shockwave Repairs 2~3~6% Health over 2 seconds each time he gains 6 or more Energy Charges.
- Living Weapon - Galvatron - +4~6~16% damage to Heavy Attacks and Special Attack 3.
- Lieutenants - Megatron - Megatron gains new abilities and his lieutenants gain 2~3~8% Armor and Attack Rating.
- Lieutenants - Megatron - The last hit of Megatron’s Medium Combo has a 20~25~40% chance to inflict a Power Rate Debuff, reducing the opponent’s Power Rate by 30% for 10 seconds. This debuff may be Fused to the opponent.
Shockwave is pillow-fisted when it comes to close combat, but his strength is in his Shock debuffs, which are inflicted though ranged attacks and special attacks. With these Shocks he can reliably darin an opponent's Power bar.
Keep in mind that his Undo signature ability does not undo damage from blocked attacks. So don't block and counterattack while Undo is active if he has the health to do so.
Shockwave is a relatively easy Tech bot to fight; just don't recklessly use basic ranged attacks, and try not to hit him while Undo is active.
Shockwave's Special 2 is a heavy hitter; while you can completely dodge the laser, your bot could still get caught by his first pulse wave hit, or get caught right after a sidestep. (Tip: you're more likely to get hit sidestepping up than down. So rapidly sidestep down at the right timing at least twice) It's easier to dodge his Special 2 with bots that can evade with heavy attacks.
- Megatron (ROTF) - Megatron’s tough Armor will do nothing to stop Shockwave’s Shock damage and Repair Block will ensure no one ever hails Megatron again.
- Waspinator - Shockwave’s ability to absorb Energy from Ranged Attacks will turn the Wasp’s Stinging Shots against him. (In addition, a well-timed Repair Block will prevent Waspinator from recovering health if he revives.)
- Wheeljack - The Decepticon scientist can inflict his deadly Shocks through Wheeljack's Force Shield.
- Cyclonus - Shockwave can ensure that Cyclonus never reaches a bar of power to gain his Dark Energy.
- Megatronus - Power Drain will help keep this Prime from tapping into his true power.
- Scorponok - Shockwave’s ability to Heal Block will put a stop to Scorponok’s Regenerative capabilities.
- Grimlock - Grimlock’s signature ability will turn Shockwave’s Shocking Damage into powerful Melee Buffs, proving that sometimes brawn does triumph over brains.
- Drift, Bludgeon - Shockwave will fail to gather energy from these Bots as the samurai has no Energy Attacks to be manipulated by this evil walking computer.
- Kickback - Shockwave would find this matchup to be illogical as his Shock charges will be quickly consumed by this voracious Insecticon.
- Cheetor - Shockwave will have a hard time hitting Cheetor, and if he does, he’ll have an even harder time Draining his Power.
- Strange Refractor - This Mod will turn Shockwave’s Block into a nightmare for both Ranged and Melee playstyles.
- Transwarp Cell - This Mod will allow Shockwave to more intelligently make use of his Energy Counters when he gets them.
- Tech Console
- Shockwave's Daily Card - $1.99 early access for a 2-Star Shockwave, plus 4000 Logic Crystal shards over 14 days.
- Shockwave Arenas
- Logic Crystal
- Shockwave Raid Event
- 2-Star: 1000 Shockwave Chips
- 3-Star: 10000 Shockwave Chips
- Bot Crystals
- Shockwave's design is a mix of his traditional elements and his Combiner Wars toy, which similarities can be seen on his chest and shoulders.
- An early advertisement of the game used the packaging art of his Combiner Wars toy.
- Shockwave uses a miniature version of his own gun mode for ranged attacks, just as he did in the original Transformers cartoon.