Galvatron's avowed enemy, Ultra Magnus epitomizes what it means to be a loyal soldier. Loyal, self-less, and disciplined to a fault, he lives by the credo: "Follow the rules or follow the consequences".
- Max Rating:
- Max Rating:
- Max Rating:
- Resistance Shift
- Armor Break
- When Attacked:
- When struck by Physical Attacks, his Resistance against Physical Attacks goes up by 2.1~3.5% (Max: 10 Stacks). One stack of Energy Resistance is lost.
- When struck by Energy Attacks, his Resistance against Energy Attacks goes up by 1.1~2.5% (Max: 10 Stacks). One stack of Physical Resistance is lost.
- Ranged Attacks: 100% chance to Nullify an Attack or Melee Buff.
- Special Attacks: Ultra Magnus crushes opponents with his hammer, converting Armor Buffs into Armor Breaks, each applying 14.5~22.5% Armor reduction for
|Rank||Physical Resistance||Energy Resistance||Armor Break|
All for One
Ultra Magnus gains Attack for each alive teammate and each of the opponents' fallen teammates, plus Physical Resistance for each fallen teammate and each of the opponents' alive teammates.
Passive - Steering his strategy to the tide of the battlefield, Ultra Magnus gains +9% Attack for each alive teammate and each of the opponents' fallen teammates, plus +5.7~15% Physical Resistance for each fallen teammate and each of the opponents' alive teammates.
v5.1: Passive: If more teammates are alive than dead or Ultra Magnus is alone, he gains +20% Physical Resistance. If more teammates are dead than alive or tied, Ultra Magnus gains 20~80% Attack Rating. If all teammates are dead he gains both effects.
- +about 0.1% per level
- v5.1: +about 0.5% per level
|Level||Physical Resistance||(v5.1) Attack Rating|
- Gavel Crush - When the hammer strikes, judgement has been made.
- 50% Armor Penetration.
- One for All - Follow the rules or suffer the consequences.
- 75% Armor Penetration.
- +v5.1: Gains a 5% Melee Bonus for each active Physical Resistance Buff and a 5% Ranged Bonus Buff for each active Energy Resistance Buff.
- Magnus Opus - Sacrifice without hesitation is a dedicated soldier's greatest legacy.
- 65% chance to inflict Burn, dealing Heat Damage for 80% Attack over 12 seconds.
- Till All Are One with Arcee - +2~3~8% Attack Rating for Autobots. +6~8~12% Debuff damage for Autobots in Raids.
- Allies with Grimlock, Blaster - +2~3~8% Armor.
- Allies with Prowl - +2~3~8% Armor.
- Enemies with Galvatron, Cyclonus - +2~3~8% Attack Rating.
- Brothers in Arms with Prowl - +2~3~8% Armor for Autobots. +4~6~8% Melee Damage for Autobots in Solo Missions.
- Leadership (5-Star) - Acting as a beacon of leadership, all lower tier teammates gain +10% Armor Rating.
Magnus's Physical Resistance buffs will quickly stack up, so when 10 stacks are built try to make him shift to Energy Resistance with basic ranged attacks to optimize melee combo damage. Depending on whether you bot's Special Attack's finishing move is physical or energy, try to shift as many resistance buffs to one type for optimal damage of the other type.
- Grimlock's and Motormaster's Melee Buffs can be Nullified by Magnus's ranged attacks.
- All of Bludgeon and Drift's attacks are physical, so Ultra Magnus will quickly build resistance that will not shift.
- The more Armor Buffs Optimus Primal builds up, the more Armor Magnus can break.
- Mixmaster can corrode Magnus's Resistance Buffs with his Acid.
- Waspinator's Heavy stinging shots can Nullify Magnus's Resistances.
- Megatron (ROTF)
- Galvatron's basic melee attacks vary between physical and energy attacks, and he can Dark Burn through his resistance buffs.
- The Repair Module will repair Ultra Magnus while he resists attacks.
- E.M.I. Module - Bots will be unable to shift Magnus's Resistance if ranged attacks keep missing.
- Superconductor 1000 - Ultra Magnus's hammer strikes swiftly, so you better step out of the way or be smashed.
- Bot Crystal (3,4-Star)
- Ultra Magnus Arenas
- The Greater Good (3-Star)
- Hammer Time (4-Star)
- Loyalty Crystal
- His design is based on the Generations Combiner Wars Ultra Magnus toy, but in the original G1 toy colours.
- Ultra Magnus's Nullify did not have a 100% chance with lower ranks; v5.0 changed it so that all ranks have a 100% chance instead of fixing the typo.